School Site Council (SSC)
A School Site Council must be established at all San Francisco Unified School District public schools. The elected members represent parents, students, community members, and school staff in school governance. The SSC is responsible for the development of the Balanced Score Card and the overall school site budget, including any categorical (State & Federal) funds. The SSC:
- Reviews the SFUSD Strategic Plan: Impact Learning Impact Lives
- Reviews and analyzes student data.
- Solicits community input and develops a needs assessment.
- Assists the principal in developing the Academic Plan and school site-budget.
- Monitors the implementation and effectiveness of the Academic Plan on an ongoing basis.
- Approves the Academic Plan and school site budget before it is submitted to the District for final review and approval.